Tuesday, March 17, 2009

So much to write about.... it's crazy! Part 3

And on to part 3 we go. I spend the weekend working out in the suburbs, which was great because Mr Z's parents have a house up there. It meant that when I finished work I could go meet him and spend the night with him till i had to be back at work the following morning. So thats what I did. I made it to his place with some help from google maps, and it was good to see him again, it had been all of 48 hours since i saw him last.

We decided to head out and get some logs for the fireplace. So we were driving through this small town, and then i see a cop car's lights start flashing. Oh fuck. Was that for me? Should I pull over? I guess i'm gonna have to. Was I speeding? It didn't feel like I was going fast. I pulled over, and opened my window. Do you know what the speed limit is sir? Actually I didn't. I had been going 45 in a 30 zone. Yikes! I gave him my [foreign] license, registration and all that stuff. He came back to inform me that his computer said I had an unanswered summons from about 7 years ago in Manhattan and that he was supposed to arrest me. WTF?!?! I'm a freaking tourist in this country, how do I have an unanswered summons?! I got really scared. Mr Z didn't have his license on him, what if I get arrested? this is a rental car, I had to be at work the next day. Who would bail me out? Mr Z told him that he lived up the road and gave his address. I don't know if that was it, or I just got lucky, but eventually the cop let me go. No arrest, no ticket, nothing! I didn't drive above 20 mph the rest of the outing! We got some wood, some ice cream and chocolate, and went home. It was nice and romantic in front of the fireplace. A bottle of wine was opened too :)

Unfortunately I had to leave at 9 in the morning and head back to work. So much for Sunday being a day off. While at work, I made plans to meet up with someone I'd met at the JCC purim party. He seemed like a really nice guy. He came from a similar background to me, he used to be religious and all that. He had invited me to spend shabbat with him, go to the gay synagogue CBST, overall a really nice guy. Nothing romantic of course, i'm taken. But he was just a really genuine guy that I wanted to talk to and get to know. Eating out wasn't good, because in the places we'd go to we wouldn't really be able to talk properly. And I wouldn't eat out at a non kosher place. A movie wouldn't work either. He suggested Splash which hosts Musical Mondays. I didn't know what I was getting myself into, but I agreed. It's basically a night where they play songs from Broadway shows and movies and such and everyone sings along.

I met up with him outside, and we went in. It was an interesting night. I had a few drinks, and after a few hours I left. I just felt really weird. Maybe it's just me, i tend to be quite sensitive. I just thought what the hell was I doing here? It wasn't the fact that I was in Splash. Yes it's true i'd never been there before, the only reason being I was nervous. But it just wasn't for me. He was totally in his element, he knew a bunch of people there, he knew the words to all the songs, and i just felt really out of place. Not because of the kippa I was wearing or anything. But because I only knew the words to one of the songs and the rest of the time I just sipped my drink, chatted with him a bit, but mainly watched him sing and dance with all his friends. I guess Musical Mondays just isn't my thing. I left at about 10.30 not knowing where to go or what to do. I called Mr Z. No answer. I called another friend. I walked the streets a bit, rode the subway for a bit, then decided to call it a night and head home.

In other news I'm meeting up with Mr Z later today. and this is supposed to be a busy week for me. I have a friend's wedding to attend in NJ. I'm supposed to be meeting up with other random people, for a meal here, a drink there. I also promised a guy i'd hang with him when i got back from overseas, actually make that 2 guys. Plus another 2 friends want to hang out also. Yikes! Not sure how much i'll be able to do, but i'll try :)

Jay

No comments: