Sunday, February 20, 2011

What on earth do these people think?!?

People are funny. I'm amazed what comes up in conversation with others when we're discussing the whole homosexuality thing. Things that are told to me about gay people that are supposedly facts.

I had a huge discussion with a sibling and the stuff that came out of his mouth... wow. I don't know what else to say. Besides the usual crap such as the whole point of life is to get married and have kids, i learnt all these new things about gay people, such as: Men turn gay in prison since they hang around other men too long and shag them. Gay people have thousands of sexual partners (maybe he had stumbled onto my little black book ;) ) I mean really?! That's like 3 different partners a week for your entire life! Although in the past he has informed me that gays have a life expectancy of 42 years (catholic websites are great for something), so given our lives are so short, we have to fit the thousands of sexual partners in a shorter amount of time. No wonder i'm so tired at work!

Another gem was that the norm amongst gay people is to have an open relationship. Yes, because we don't have stable relationships, we sleep around. I'm not saying open relationships don't exist, and maybe it's more prevalent in the homosexual community than the heterosexual community (and i might be totally wrong there) but thats the norm?!? Jesus fucking christ. It seems i'm wasting my breath even having a basic discussion with them on this issue because they're so ignorant. Bloody religious nuts.

And i've saved the best for last. Apparently they wanted me to meet with a homeopath, to see if this person could help with my 'problem'. What on earth made him think a homepath could change me? Well he'd been to a homeopath for some other treatment so why could a homepath try to work on this? And the kicker was, i didn't even need to tell the homopath I was gay, just to meet him and see if he could figure it out himself. I love games, but this was ridiculous!

The fact of the matter is, as far as i'm concerned anyone who claims they can 'fix' me, is nothing but a

Until next time, have a great week.
J

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no... fortunately my brother is ok with me, but I had the same type of conversations with my father. Try to be patient; your brother knows nothing about gay people, and the kind of information that's available to him (i.e. what he wants to hear) is the crap he repeats when he talks to you. For your brother to have empathy and understand, he'll need to hear your story and your viewpoint. But yes, it can be very frustrating to talk to someone who gives you the pseudo-scientific info etc.

savante said...

Thousands of sex partners? Damn! I'm missing out!

Anonymous said...

ill informed zealots. joy.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it time for another post?

Anonymous said...

Adversity makes strange bedfellows.