Sunday, March 7, 2010

A bit late, but better than never

While posting about my visit to Sydney I realised I'd missed writing about something else! That'll teach me to not blog for a while. So i'm posting this before the Sydney post. I met up with a friend of mine that lives in London. He's a special friend, he was the first guy I came out to. He was the person that encouraged me to start this blog. He was a guy who flew to NY to visit me back in early 2008 to meet me :) Anyway he's from Melbourne originally and was visiting Melbourne for a few days for Christmas (yeah a really quick trip, like 4 or 5 days). Only snow storms hit Europe, he missed his connections and got stuck in Finland and then in Hong Kong. He made it here eventually but all his plans were out of whack. Would we still have time to hang out? Well he was out one night at a bar called FOG for a friend's birthday and told me to head down.



So I did :) It was really great to see him and I met a bunch of his friends, and made some new ones myself. Had a few drinks, and after a few hours it was time for all of us to head off. Maybe i'll meet my new mates for a drink sometime...

Anyway time to end this and continue my next post.
J

No comments: